In This Section
although usciences is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy rights of this website’s users, the university collects information from its website visitors. the policy is meant to familiarize users with the type of information usciences collects and if/how that information is used. this policy governs users’ interaction with the website and users’ registration for and use of the website’s online services. except as set forth within this policy, usciences does not release personally identifiable information about the website’s visitors without their permission.
your privacy is very important to us. when you visit our website, our web server automatically recognizes the internet domain and ip address from which you accessed our website. this information does not result in the identification of your personal e-mail address. in addition, we gather information regarding the volume and timing of access to our website by collecting information on the date, time and website pages accessed by visitors to the website. we do this so we can improve the content of our website. if you choose to share personal information with us—by sending us a message, or filling out an electronic form with personal information—we will use the information only for the purposes you authorized or in support of university-sponsored programs. some of the information may be saved for a designated period of time to comply with the state’s archiving policies. if we are required by law to disclose information about you, we will make every effort to notify you of the disclosure in advance.
Tracking: Website and Email
usciences servers, website, and email generally track and log activity and usage of our websites, including, but not limited to:
- Hostname: The hostname and/or IP address of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent": The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on.
- HTTP header, "referrer”: The referrer specifies the page or third-party website from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date: The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request: The exact request the user/client made.
- Status: The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- UserID: Student ID or other authentication ID. Only recorded if a user is logged in to one of USciences’ systems. Anonymous use is recorded with a dash.
- Content length: The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method: The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI): The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI: Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol: The transport protocol and version used.
- E-mail address: In some cases, the e-mail address of the intended recipient of an e-mail may be logged when a link is accessed inside of an e-mail.
usciences regularly uses analysis and reporting tools to evaluate web server logs and e-mail tracking to understand usage and effectiveness of our websites and e-mail communications and to investigate system errors and bugs. usciences may use log information in any investigation of a potential violation of usciences policies and procedures or as required by federal, state or local law.
Collection and Use by Third-parties
this policy does not apply to, and usciences is not responsible for, these third parties.
To manage settings for Google advertising and to opt-out of certain features, visit Google’s 不交押金的斗地主群 and pages. It is USciences’ practice to work with third parties who provide mechanisms to manage their collection and use of your information.
不交押金的斗地主群usciences uses web analytics technology, including google analytics (and google analytics demographics and interest reporting) to analyze traffic to websites to understand visitors’ interests so we can improve our websites and users’ experience, and google’s advertising tools to place our advertising at websites across the internet. google collects anonymous information about your visit to our website. you may opt-out of this service by visiting or .
Text Message (SMS) Communication for Admission Purposes
text messaging (sms) gives you the option to receive text messages on your mobile device. after you opt in to text messaging, the university may send you periodic texts regarding helpful and important information such as application status, financial aid deadlines, and event details.
all mobile information you share with usciences will remain confidential and will be used only by university representatives, to assist you in a more efficient manner.
不交押金的斗地主群all costs associated with receiving text messages are the responsibility of the individual receiving the messages. receiving mobile text messages from usciences is completely free of charge. however, standard text messaging rates from your wireless carrier still apply. check with your mobile operator for details on receiving text messages (sms).
you can opt out of the texting service and any further text messaging at any time by replying with the word “stop” to the original text message.
usciences may permit you to make financial transactions online with a credit card or other electronic payment mechanism. unless otherwise noted, these transactions are encrypted. it is university practice that confidential financial information you provide will be used only for the purposes described in that transaction, unless an additional use is specifically stated on that site. data provided specifically to facilitate credit card or other electronic business transactions are retained only for a reasonable time to effect the transaction. usciences makes reasonable efforts to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws.
all information gathered on the usciences website is stored within a controlled database accessible only to the university to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under its control. however, as effective as any security measure implemented by the university may be, no security system is impenetrable. usciences cannot guarantee the security of its database, nor can it guarantee that the information supplied by users will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.
不交押金的斗地主群where authorized and subject to all applicable laws, you may have the right to request access to, a copy of, rectification, restriction in the use of, or erasure of your information. you also have the right to withdraw consent to the use of your information, without affecting the legitimacy of the university's use of the information prior to receipt of your request.
If users would like to have personally identifiable information changed or removed from USciences’ database, please contact email@example.com. Keep in mind that there will be residual information remaining within the databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however, the University reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former customers or users of this Website if lawful.
Student Education Records
不交押金的斗地主群usciences complies with the family educational rights and privacy act (“ferpa”), which generally prohibits the release of student educational records without student permission.
不交押金的斗地主群usciences websites and e-mail may provide links to non-usciences websites. usciences is not responsible for the content, privacy policies or practices on those sites.
all usciences websites conform to this privacy statement unless an alternative privacy statement is explicitly provided on that site.
Updates to these Policies
Please note that USciences reviews these privacy practices from time to time, and that these practices are therefore subject to change. Your continued use of this Website after any such change indicates your acceptance of such changes. To contact USciences about privacy issues, to report a violation of the this Policy, or to raise any other issue regarding the Website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the University at email@example.com.
the purpose of the general data protection regulation ("gdpr") is to protect all european union ("eu") citizens from privacy and data breaches by allowing citizens to maintain control of the personal data kept and processed by organizations, including university of the sciences (“usciences” or the “university”). the gdpr also protects the personal data of individuals, regardless of citizenry, in the eu.
usciences is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data. this privacy notice outlines the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information provided to usciences by individuals, including but not limited to:
- prospective students and their parents, spouse or other family members
- applicants for admission and their parents, spouse or other family members
- matriculated students and their parents, spouse or other family members
- applicants for employment
- employees and members of their immediate family
- event patrons
- contractors and vendors
- research subjects
when information is submitted to usciences, or you use the university's websites and other services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information as described in this privacy notice.
University Use of Information
不交押金的斗地主群usciences collects and processes personal data ("information") from individuals only as necessary in the exercise of the university's legitimate interests, functions and responsibilities as a private, non-profit institution of higher education. for example, usciences collects and processes information from individuals who are applicants for employment positions. information collected from prospective students, student applicants, and current students is used to register or enroll persons in the university, provide and administer housing, manage a student account, provide academic advising, develop and deliver education programs, track academic progress, analyze and improve education programs, recruitment, regulatory reporting, auditing, maintenance of accreditation, and other related university processes and functions. usciences also uses information to conduct general demographic and statistical research to improve university programs, to identify appropriate support services or activities, provide reasonable accommodations, enforce university policies or comply with applicable laws. finally, information may be shared by usciences with third parties who have entered into contracts with the university to perform functions on behalf of the university, subject to the obligation of confidentiality and safeguarding from unauthorized disclosure.
Third Party Use of Sensitive Information
usciences may disclose your sensitive information and other information as follows:
- Consent: We may disclose Information if we have your consent to do so. You have the right to withdraw consent previously-given at any time.
- Emergency Circumstances: We may share your Information when necessary to protect your interests and you are physically or legally incapable of providing consent.
- Employment Necessity: We may share your Information when necessary for administering employment or social security benefits in accordance with applicable law or any applicable collective bargaining agreement, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Public Information: We may share your Information if you have manifestly made it public.
- Archiving: We may share your Information for archival purposes in the public interest, and for historical research and statistical purposes.
- Performance of a Contract: We may share your Information when necessary to administer a contract you have with the University.
- Legal Obligation: We may share your Information when the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Service Providers: We use third parties who have entered into a contract with the University to support the administration of University operations and policies. In such cases, we share your Information with such third parties subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- University-Affiliated Programs: We may share your Information with parties that are affiliated with the University for the purpose of contacting you about goods, services, charitable giving or experiences that may be of interest to you.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: We may use and disclose Information in de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.
usciences implements appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your information when you transmit it to us, and when we store it on our information technology systems.
Cookies and Other Technology
Retention and Destruction of Your Information
your information will be retained by usciences in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, and applicable retention periods. your information will be destroyed upon your request unless applicable law requires destruction after the expiration of an applicable retention period. the manner of destruction shall be appropriate to preserve and ensure the confidentiality of your information given the level of sensitivity, value and criticality to the university.
the gdpr provides the following data privacy rights, among others, to individuals in the european economic area:
- Right to transparent information
- We must provide you with information on who is processing your Personal information and why.
- Right to access
- You have a right to request access to details of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- You have a right to have your Personal Information returned or transmitted to another company
- Right to erasure
- You have a right to request your Personal Information be erased when it is no longer needed to fulfill its legitimate interest.
- Right to correct and right to object
- You have a right to correct your Personal Information that we hold.
- You have a right to object the processing of your Personal Information for a particular use, under certain circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent
- You have a right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time.
- Right to complain
- You have a right to complain to a supervisor, or even bring a claim against us in any court of proper jurisdiction.
you have the right to request access to, a copy of, rectification, restriction in the use of, or erasure of your information in accordance with all applicable laws. the erasure of your information shall be subject to applicable state and federal laws, and applicable retention periods. if you have provided consent to the use of your information, you have the right to withdraw consent without affecting the lawfulness of the university's use of the information prior to receipt of your request.
information created in the european union will be transferred out of the european union to the university. if you feel the university has not complied with applicable foreign laws regulating such information, you have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in the european union.
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495